Hope of Israel [2]

(1863–1865, 1866–19?). A paper first published in Michigan by a disaffected group of Seventh-day Adventists led by Samuel Davidson and Gilbert Cranmer (Enos Easton, editor). It was revived at Marion, Iowa, in 1866 by another dissident movement led by B. F. Snook and W. H. Brinkerhoff (see Marion Party ) that was later organized as the Church of God (Adventist). After several changes of name the journal was still published in 1936 as the Bible Advocate and Herald of the Coming Kingdom.

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

0