Signes des Temps

(“Signs of the Times”). The French 24-page monthly missionary journal, first published in July 1876 at Basel, Switzerland, edited by J. N. Andrews and D. T. Bourdeau. Signs was not only circulated in Switzerland and France but also in other French-speaking areas in Europe and around the world. The magazine was printed in Basel, Switzerland, on Seventh-day Adventist presses from 1885 to 1895, when the publishing house was closed because of Sunday laws. Signes des Temps was then printed by outside firms until 1914, when the French publishing house was established at Dammarie-les-Lys. Since 1922 it has been published at this location. In 1972 the French journal Mieux Vivre (“Better Living”), which had been published by the Pacific Press, merged with Signes des Temps , and since then h...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

0