By early February 1855, James White realized the need for a change in regard to the publishing work. He could not bear the burden of carrying all the responsibilities any longer. The breathren in Battle Creek were eager to establish the Review office in that place. At a conference he had the opportunity to discuss the future of the Review.
There were a number of men of good judgment in both Vermont and Michigan capable of assuming most of the responsibilities of which James White felt he must divest himself. In late August, James announced the establishment of the Review office in Battle Creek, Michigan.
Everything was prepared and the month of November was given over to erecting the little publishing house and to moving both the press and the families connected with the Advent Review office. A committee for financial concerns, a resident editor, and five corresponding editors were appointed.